If one of the tacit rules for the games is to be silent, failing which you quickly risk eviction, it is good to experience a minimum the words of the perfect player. And if you're not one, it can help you change. We therefore offer you a small subjective lexicon of the game: false players and real beginners, do not abstain.
Nothing exhaustive in this small list which is, we told you at the outset, necessarily subjective: here as in the game, you have to choose well. The words and expressions of the players are no longer counted and there would be enough to fill a bottin. In short, that's all you have always wanted to know about the words of gambling Without ever daring to ask ...
Casino enlightened lovers' expressions
- A.N.P.R. : We don't start with the most sympathetic. If you are an ANPR, you are a customer refused by casinos. In other words, not to receive.
- Sprinkler : Roulette, it is the player who puts significant sums randomly.
- Banker : is not the one you believe. In Baccara, the word designates the hand obtained by the house. You can bet on the banker's hand (the house therefore), that of the player or on an equal bet.
- Blacks : $ 100 tokens.
- Corpse : Roulette, corpses carry suit. These are the players who are not lucky and often lose.
- casino : of American origin of course, literally a "little house", a pleasure house that then became a house of play. Ecco!
- Chance simple : the bets carried out on the red, black, pairs, odd boxes, pass and lack
- Against the bank : When the player's action consists in betting the reverse of colors or numbers released during the last part.
- Emperor's blow : TO roulette, when you put all your money on a simple chance
- Dealer : Very used in poker, we are dealer in all good honor. This is the person who is responsible for sharing the cards. In casinos, we also speak of a donor.
- Last : With roulette. The dealer announces the closure of the table after the next 3 laps.
- Eye in the sky : which means "eye in the sky" is a very poetic expression which hides her game well. She designates the surveillance cameras of the casinos, present on all tables.
- And square : In Roulette, another version of the famous expression "Bingo!" »(Originally, a game of chance invented in the 16th century by an American who shouted the ball numbers out of a bag) You bet on a color and a number and the ball stopped on top of it , which saves you 35 times your bet.
- Charlemagne : Roulette, the player made Charlemagne by deciding not to replay after a winning tour. Crowned Charlemagne !
- Flambper : There, we are not going to make you the insult to give you a definition, the flambder speaking of itself. In English, it is something else: a player who always puts big sums of money, we are talking about a "Whale" (literally, a whale, enough to lose his British). We also speak of cheetah. Precision: a small flambper is an average casino client who knows the games of money well.
- Table games : Nothing to do with what Victor Hugo was doing. These are all casino games (roulette, le blackjack, poker, ball, craps..) who are against the dealer or the house.
- Tokens : It is better to have them ... without having them!
- Main : all the cards that are distributed by the dealer and owned by the player.
- Maison : Another way to designate the casino, and also the banker. From there to take a casino for a bank ...
- Lack : with roulette and ball. In the first game, the player relies on the first 18 issues. Missing half, the roulette with 36 numbers and a zero, (two with American roulette). As opposed to pass.
Best Casinos - September 2022
- Martingale : a strategy that saves "for sure".
- Nickel : This is the $ 5 token. We also say Red.
- Outs : au POKER, "To count your outs" is to count the cards that can make you win.
- Passe : Roulette again. The bet is taken on the numbers that range from 19 to 36. Pass means that exceeds half. CQFD!
- Ptit boss : It is a casino employee who is responsible for a particular area.
- Quarter : the token worth 5 times larger than its acolyte suspended (see nickel). $ 25 therefore.
- Shark : Not as terrible as it looks, but it is better to spot it. The shark is an expert in card games.
- Stand : When the player no longer wants to pull a card or decides to keep his hand in a table game. It is also said to "stay".
- GO TO BED : It is not a question of going to sleep even if the situation would seem desperate. In poker, we say that we go to bed when we decide not to play a hand. We can do it as many times as we want as long as we don't have a strong enough hand to win the game.
- Face-to-face : not really in love (or else, we are undoubtedly in a James Bond). Said when there are only two players left in the game.
- Shoot : In blackjack, shoot is to ask the dealer for an additional card.
And to find out more, if you like words, consult our other game lexicons: